January 9, 2012
Skiing and tubing
Mad River Mountain
Mad River Mountain, a quick drive up Route 33 west, is located near Bellefontaine and is about 45 minutes from downtown Columbus.
There is a snow tubing area, ski slopes and "park" at Mad River.
They offer the following specials:
• Thursday night tubing for 4 costs $50 from 5-9:30 p.m.
• College days/nights on Thursday with discounted lift tickets, drink specials and cornhole.
• Active military with I.D. can buy $10 lift and $10 rental tickets. Dependents get 50% off prices. Retired military with I.D. also get 50% off.
• Sunday night specials with $40 lift and rental ticket from 4-9:30 p.m.
• Like them on Facebook to find out about more specials and events.
For more information, visit http://www.skimadriver.com
Located a short ways from I-71 north near Mansfield, Snow Trails also offers Snow Tubing and Skiing.
Their current specials:
• Donate non-perishable food items and get one snow tubing ticket, get one free Jan. 9-12 from 5-9:30 p.m.
• Dave's Deals featuring a "Let's Get Started Package" for $39.
• Open pass week Feb. 27- March 4; show your 2011-12 season pass to any ski resort to get a free day.
• $33 for lift and rental ticket Sundays through Thursdays from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://www.snowtrails.com.
Have fun on the slopes!