St. Patrick's Day
A number of bars in town will be ready to serve you a Guinness on Saturday. Here's a list of some Patrick's Day events:
- Brazenhead-locations in Grandview and Dublin. I got to see the Capital City Pipes and Drums a couple of years ago at the one in Grandview and it was a special St. Paddy's Day treat!
- Fado at Easton.
- Flannagan's Dublin off Sawmill will have a tent and some food trucks. A 5k will take place in the morning.
- Byrne's in Grandview usually has a tent set up.
- Park Street will be serving green beer Friday and Saturday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
- LeproCon will be taking place at Park Street/Nationwide in the Arena District. Dress up and roam around looking for your pot o' gold. Prizes and contests for costumed participants. The fun begins at noon.
- *Family-friendly event* The Shamrock Club will be holding a parade downtown. Dublin held theirs last weekend.
- Enjoy some pizza and then head out with Green Columbus to hang flyers for Earth Day 2012. Group meets at Fulcrum Creatives in the Short North at 1 p.m. (They'll be meeting for a drink in the Short North around 4 p.m. )
In case you hadn't noticed, The Bag Lady is now Columbus Savvy Shopper. Laurie Dixon has a list of freebies you can get without taking a survey. Find out what's free by visiting her Facebook page at http://www.columbussavvyshopper.com/2012/03/free-sample-round-up.html.