Yes, even football has weather delays.

As halftime ended, officials issued a 30-minute delay after lighting was sighted southeast of the stadium. An hour and 45 minutes later, the Marysville High School football team and visiting Groveport returned to the field.

When the game resumed, the lead changed for the third and final time when Nathan Weeks scored on a 7-yard touchdown run with 5:10 remaining to give Marysville a 25-20 victory.

"We took our helmets off, took our shoulder pads off and I told them it's useless using nervous energy," said coach Jeff Gafford, whose Monarchs improved to 2-0. "I told them we'll play tonight."

However, it looked as though the Cruisers would prevail. Following Marysville's final touchdown, Groveport's Justin Bell returned the kickoff 78 yards for a touchdown, but the play was called back because of a holding penalty.

Coming out of the long halftime break, Marysville quarterback Luke Fleming gave the Monarchs a 19-14 lead with a 27-yard touchdown run with 4 minutes gone in the quarter. Groveport answered to take a 20-19 lead on a 16-yard touchdown run by quarterback Aaron McKenzie.

What proved to be Marysville's game-winning score, the Monarchs took almost four minutes off the clock in their nine-play, 86-yard drive.

Groveport held a 14-13 halftime lead despite Marysville's touchdown with 23 second remaining in the second quarter. For the second time in the first 24 minutes, Fleming found Barrett for a touchdown reception, this time for 16 yards on a third-and-goal. Hayes Chrispin's point after attempt was wide right.

Marysville also struck on third down three minutes into the game on its first possession. Barrett shook free of Groveport cornerback Chris Johnson and took Fleming's pass in full stride for an 83-yard scoring play.

Groveport answered Marysville's score three minutes later as a Monarchs' fumble gave the Cruisers possession at the Marysville 36-yard line.

"We worked on (the passing game) all season," Gafford said. "In practice, if we complete eight of 10, we'll throw in the game. We're getting better as a team in that aspect and we threw when we had to tonight."

Groveport wasted no time. McKenzie, who threw for 331 yards in the opener, found Charles Dixon for a 36-yard touchdown pass as Dixon beat three Marysville defenders on a post route.

Marysville went three-and-out on the ensuing possession. Groveport then put together a 16-play, 77-yard drive culminating in a 11-yard touchdown run by LeVeon Bell with 10:46 left in the second quarter. Bell rushed for 141 yards, but only 38 in the second half.