This is probably more like what New Albany High School football coach Mark Mueller had in mind.
The Eagles rushed for 223 yards, including 92 from fullback Ben Imlay as the Eagles defeated Westerville Central 21-0 in a game that was played over two days.

Imlay helped break the game open with a 26-yard touchdown run that helped put the Eagles up 14-0 with 5:49 remaining in the third quarter.

It was the Eagles' first rushing touchdown of the season and was followed with a one by tailback David Sharpe, who scored on a 5-yard touchdown run with just under 10 minutes left in the game.

A week ago the Eagles managed just 37 yards of total offense in a 34-17 loss to Westerville North.
"It was all the offensive line," Imlay said. "Last week were little slow coming off the line. This weed we were much quicker. It's much easier to play running back when the offensive line is quick coming off."

The game was suspended Friday at halftime after New Albany had taken a 7-0 lead on a 35-yard touchdown pass from Joe Morlan to Chance Moore.

Morlan was 5-for-14 passing for 108 yards and a touchdown as New Albany scrapped the two-quarterback system for this game.

Central, on the other hand, turned gave Jacob Stephenson a chance after Brian Hunter threw his second interception. Hunter returned in the fourth quarter. He finished with 109 yards on 3-for-9 passing. Most of those yards came on completions of 55 and 49 yards to Stephenson.

David Sharpe also rushed for 78 yards for the Eagles. Brandon Walls had runs of 38 and 19 yards to finish with 54 yards rushing for the Warhawks.

Forthe second game in a row, the Warhawks failed to produce an offensive touchdown. Both of Hunter's interceptions came with the Warhawks inside New Albany's 30-yard line.

"You see the improvement," Central coach Bob Fresch said. "When you get these drives and they stop on the 20. It's like your waiting for a present to be opened. It's the inconsistency running and stopping the ball. You got some youth there we're trying to work with."