From Chef Richard Rosendale of Rosendales
For the Vinaigrette
2 Cups Orange Juice
cup White Wine Vinegar
2T Cup Honey
1 Cup Hazelnut Oil
1 Cup Olive Oil
For the Salad
3 Heads Belgium Endive
2 Heads Frisee
Cup Apricots (steeped in hot urn water)
1 Cup Candied Walnuts
Cup Blue Cheese
For the Candied Walnuts
1 Cup Walnuts
1 Egg White
2 T Sugar
1. For the vinaigrette, reduce the orange juice to only 2 cups.
2. Combine the orange concentrate, vinegar, and honey in a food processor.
3. Slowly add the oils to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
4. For the walnuts, whip up the egg whites and granulated sugar to soft peaks. Toss the walnuts in the egg white mixture. Add the salt and bake for 12 minutes at 325 degrees.
5. For the salad, cut off the bottom of the endive and slice in to 1-inch pieces. Clean in cold water that has had a little lemon juice squeezed in to it to prevent the endive from browning. Next cut the frisee into bite-sized pieces as well.
6. Toss the greens, and the garnish together in a mixing bowl along with the dressing.