Recipe of the week
Fruit & Nut Biscotti
- 3 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 2/3 cup powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup dried apricots (sliced)
- 2/3 cop pitted dates
- cup shelled pistachios
- cup whole blanched almonds
- 2/3 cup shelled hazelnuts
- 2 lemons, zest only.
- Mix sifted flour sugar & baking powder in a large bowl. Add half the beaten egg and mix
well, add half the remaining egg and mix well. Note: you may not need all the eggs.
- Mix until the dough takes shape but is not to wet.
- Add the fruit & nut & lemon zest and mix well
- Divide the dough into six, roll in to sausage shape about I inch in diameter and place at least
2 inch's apart on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly flatten the sausages and bake until golden brown 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes and firming up.
- Drop the temperature of the oven to 275*. With a serrated knife cut the biscotti on an angel
into inch slices and lay these on a baking sheet.
- Return them to the oven and cook for 12 minutes, then turn the biscotti over and cook until
they are a pale golden brown, 1o to 15 minutes.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow cooling completely.
- Store in an air-tight container.