Recipe of the Week
Shrimp and watermelon salad
Shrimp and watermelon salad.
- 12 medium sized shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- 4 cups Peroni beer (or any lighter beer)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 sprig of thyme
- 1 shallot, rough chop
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
In a small sauce pot bring all ingredients except for shrimp to a boil and then gently simmer until the shallot and garlic are translucent. Then gently place shrimp in simmering liquid, 4 at a time. Remove after 3-5 minutes, when the shrimp are firm but not overdone. Allow to cool in your refrigerator.
- 1 bunch of watercress, rough chop
- 2 cups watermelon, medium dice
- 1-2 avocado, medium dice
- 1/4 cup of minced red onion
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, medium dice
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together and refrigerate.
To serve, place salad in center of plate and put whole shrimp on the outer edge.