Recipe of the Week
Braised beef short rib Napoleon
- 3 lbs of bone-in beef short ribs
- ¼ cup of olive oil blend
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh of garlic
- 2 Peeled and small dice shallots
- 1 Cup red wine
- 1 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 Cups veal or beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Grilled French baguettes, cut into thin slices
- 2 oz goat cheese 1 oz micro greens
- 1/4 teaspoon of truffle oil
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
In a hot sauté pan add oil and sear short ribs on all sides.
Remove ribs from pan and set aside. In the sauté pan add shallots and garlic and sauté.
Once shallot mixture is caramelized add tomato paste and red wine.
Once reduced add veal stock thyme and bring up to a boil.
Add short ribs back to the pan and place in the oven covered foil.
Cook for two hours or until short ribs are tender.
Let cool, remove beef from the bone and shred with hands.
In a sauté pan over low heat, heat up short ribs. While hot, place rib meat on top of grilled baguettes slices. Next, top the rib meat with crumbled goat cheese. Repeat this step four times and stack evenly. Top with micro greens and drizzle with the truffle oil.