Yield: 8-10 2 oz. crab cakes (serves 4)
For crab cakes:
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- ¾ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tblsp yellow onion, minced
- 1 tblsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs (plus additional for dusting)
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 tblsp olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs and mayonnaise together with a wire whisk in a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients except crab meat and mix together. Add crab meat, being careful to gently break up the crab.
Fold mix together with a spatula. Form into balls (about the size of a lemon) and flatten slightly. Sprinkle a light dusting of Panko breadcrumbs on top of the crab cakes.
Melt butter and olive oil in oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Place crabcakes in pan and sear both sides until golden brown (about 1 minute each side). Transfer pan to oven and finish for 3-4 minutes. Serve warm.
Corn relish ingredients
- 4 ears of fresh corn (cut off cob) or 2.5 cups of frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- ¾ cup green bell pepper, diced small
- ¼ cup cucumber, peeled and diced small
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced small
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tblsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp mustard seed
In a small sauce pot, add corn, tomatoes, peppers, onion and cucumber. In a small mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour liquid mixture over vegetable mixture in pot.
Turn the sauce pot on medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Transfer mixture to a storage container and cool in an ice bath. Serve cold with crab cakes and scallops.