Recipe of the Week
Shrimp and scallop pasta with Thai chili vinaigrette
Shrimp and scallop pasta with Thai chili vinaigrette.
- 12 each shrimp, 16/20 or larger, peeled and deveined
- 12 each scallops, large
- 1 C. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 each red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 each green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 C. bok choy, julienned
- 1 lb. rice noodles cooked (or use your favorite long, thin noodle)
- As needed blended oil (canola and olive oil)
- 2 C. Thai chili vinaigrette (recipe follows)
In a large sauté pan, heat the oil on high heat. Add the scallops and sear on one side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over the scallops and add the shrimp, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté for about 3 minutes or until the scallops and shrimp are cooked. Add the Thai vinaigrette, bok choy and the noodles. Toss or stir until the noodles are hot and the bok choy wilts slightly. To serve, divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Place 3 shrimp and 3 scallops in each bowl and then divide the remaining ingredients equally on each bowl. Serve immediately.
Thai chili vinaigrette
- 1 Tbs. Red curry paste
- 2 Tbs. Fresh ginger, minced
- ½ C. Rice wine vinegar
- ¾ C. Sriracha (a chili garlic sauce)
- 2 Tbs. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. Oyster sauce
- ¼ C. Pineapple juice
- ¼ C. Sesame oil
- 4 C. Salad oil
- ¼ C. Cilantro, fresh, chopped
In a food processor, combine the vinegar, curry paste, ginger, Sriracha, lemon juice, oyster sauce and pineapple juice. While the food processor is is running, slowly pour in the salad oil and sesame oil to form an emulsification. Stir in the cilantro and add salt and pepper if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Note: If you prefer this sauce to be hotter, increase the Sriracha, or add jalapeno or other hot chili pepper.