Hilliard's 'Snow Fighters' prepared for snow, ice
The city of Hilliard’s Operations Division is prepared for the winter storm, according to a release issued by the city.
Hilliard’s “Snow Fighters” have prepared for winter by checking snow-plow equipment, storing salt and salt-brine materials, attending snow- and ice-control training and performing practice runs of assigned snow routes.
The city is recommending that residents follow these tips:
• Try not to drive during a winter storm unless absolutely necessary.
• Use extra caution when driving in wintry conditions.
• Allow extra time to reach your destination.
• Fasten your seatbelt and check that all passengers are buckled up.
• Stay 100 feet or more behind snow plows and salt spreaders.
• Give snow plow equipment the right of way whenever possible.
• Leave enough distance between the snow-plow equipment and your vehicle before moving back in front of the plow.
• Do not attempt to stop city snow-plow trucks or operators. Requests for service should be made by calling 614-876-7361.
• Remove vehicles from in front of homes as snow begins to fall, and keep all vehicles in private driveways when possible.
• Advise children against playing or building snow structures in or near city streets.