(serves about six)
- 1 red beet
- 1 golden beet
- 1 rutabaga
- 2 medium parsnips
- Olive oil, 2-3 oz.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Keeping each vegetable separate, peel and cut beets, rutabaga, and parsnips into ½-inch dice.
- Toss each root vegetable in a large mixing bowl, coat with a bit of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and put on a separate sheet tray.
- Roast each until the middle is just cooked (al dente), then let cool.
- Combine all root vegetables then toss with chopped rosemary.
- Serve at room temperature or gently reheat before serving.