Recipe of the Week
Cream cheese coffee cake
- • 3/4 cup flour
- • 3/4 cup sugar
- • 1/2 cup brown sugar
- • 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- • 1 cups of pecans (optional)
- • 2 tablespoons of butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- • 12 tablespoons of butter cut into small pieces
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1-3/4 cups of sour cream
- • 2 tablespoons of rum
- • 2-¼ cups of flour
- • 1-¼ cups of sugar
- • 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- • ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- • ¾ teaspoon of salt
For the streusel: Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
For the cake: Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda together.
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sour cream, butter, and rum together until smooth.
Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
Using a spatula, spread 2 cups of cake batter into well greased 10-cup tube pan.
Sprinkle evenly ¾ cup of the streusel mix on top of the batter.
Repeat with another 2 cups of batter and the remaining streusel.
Bake until the cake feels firm and an inserted toothpick into the center
comes out clean. Let cool and invert the cake onto a platter.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or nuts and brown s