Yields: 24 scones
- • 6 cups flour
- • 1/4 cup candied bacon, chopped
- • 2 tbsp baking powder
- • 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- • 2 tsp kosher salt
- • 1 jalapeno, minced
- • 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 1/2 lb cold butter, cut in cubes
- • 2 eggs
- • 3 cups cheddar
- • 2 cups buttermilk, 1/4 cup for brushing
Combine all dry ingredients with butter using a fork. Mash butter into dry mix until sand-like texture. Add all ingredients and combine.
Using as little flour as possible, dust a work surface and turn dough out.
Lightly press dough into a rectangle shape about 1-inch thick.
Using a knife cut into squares, cut again into triangles.
Brush with buttermilk and place on a lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.