- • 4 ripe heirloom tomatoes
- • 4 ounces goat cheese
- • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, reserve some for finishing the salad
- • Water
- • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- • A pinch of sea salt
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 3 ounces micro lettuce
Whisk together goat cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and water.
Add more water to get the desired consistency.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Will keep for up to four days.
Rinse tomatoes in cold water and dry with paper towel.
Slice and set aside.
On a serving plate, make a smear of the goat cheese mouse across the plate.
Arrange the tomatoes on top of the mouse, alternate the colors and sizes for a great presentation.
Sprinkle sea salt on tomatoes.
Drizzle with olive oil and top with micro lettuce (you can also chiffonade Romaine lettuce if micro greens are unavailable).
Drizzle with a few quick drops of balsamic vinegar.