State fair's music offerings cater to many
The 2013 Ohio State Fair entertainment schedule includes:
* Jeff Dunham (comedy), 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, $38.
* Eric Benet/K'Jon/Noel Gourdin, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 25, $25.
* Martina McBride/Angie Johnson, 7 p.m. Friday, July 26, $32.
* Will Downing/Lalah Hathaway, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 27, $25.
* All-Ohio State Fair Band and Youth Choir, 1 p.m. Sunday, July 28, free.
* Styx/REO Speedwagon, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, July 28, $32.
* Justin Moore/The Farm, 7 p.m. Monday, July 29, $20.
* Austin Mahone/Jake Miller, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, $25.
* Carly Rae Jepsen/New Hollow, 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, $32.
* Steve Miller Band, 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, $30.
* Oak Ridge Boys/Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers/Crystal Gayle, 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, $30.
* Hillsong Live, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, $25.
The Beat has, as a coincidence, attended the Ohio State Fair each of the past two years on our birthday.
In both cases, we did so in large part to see a concert at the Celeste Center. We have decided that this has become sort of a "thing" for our family.
When this year's entertainment lineup was announced, we noted that the concert scheduled for our birthday was not one in which we were interested, but we did want to take in a concert on a different date. So the dilemma became, "If we go on a day that's not our birthday, does it still qualify as our 'thing?'"
While we wrestle with the big questions of our time, the rest of you should plan to just relax and enjoy the "biggest gol-durn fair in the world" (unofficial motto co-opted and paraphrased from a Critic Crony many years ago), taking in everything from the roast beef sundaes and doughnut hamburgers to an entertainment lineup that always has a little something for everyone.
This year's main stage lineup is no different.
Ticket prices include fair admission.
Check out ohiostatefair.com for details.