Recipe of the Week
- Corriander Seed - 1 teaspoon
- Onion, green diced - 1.5 cup
- Garlic, fresh minced - 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Tumeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger, fresh diced - 2 teaspoons
- Salt, kosher - 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne, ground - 1/8 teaspoon
- Potatoes, Yukon gold- peeled, cooked 1/2" dice - 1.5 lbs.
- Peas, green frozen (thawed) - 1/2 cup
- Cilantro, fresh chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice, fresh - 2 tablespoons
- Cumin - 1/4 teaspoon
Toast coriander seeds then set aside.
Boil potatoes until cooked.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place hot potatoes in bowl, and fold in the remaining ingredients.
Mix well, adjust salt and pepper.
Unroll the phyllo and cover with cling film and a damp tea towel. Peel off one piece and keep the rest covered so that it doesn't dry out.
Lay the pastry sheet flat on a clean surface and brush with melted butter. Fold in one third of the pastry lengthways towards the middle.
Brush again with the butter and fold in the other side to make a long triple-layered strip.
Place one rounded teaspoon of the filling mixture at one end of the strip, leaving a 1-inch border. Take the right corner and fold diagonally to the left, enclosing the filling and forming a triangle. Fold again along the upper crease of the triangle. Keep folding in this way until you reach the end of the strip.
Brush the outer surface with more butter. Place onto a baking sheet and cover while you make the rest of the samosas.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through the cooking time.