Following are Columbus and Franklin County Metropolitan Park District programs for this week.
Following are Columbus and Franklin County Metropolitan Park District programs for this week.Battelle-Darby Creek Metro Park 1775 Darby Creek Dr., Galloway
* Mammals of Ohio, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Nature Center. See skin, scat, skulls and skeletons of past and present mammals.
* The Living Stream After Dark, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Center. Watch the living stream come to life in the dark.Blacklick Woods Metro Park 6975 E. Livingston Ave., Reynoldsburg
* 41st Annual Winter Hike Series, 10 a.m. Saturday Ash Grove Picnic Area. Take a two- or four-mile walk through woods and meadows. Hot drinks and snacks served.
* Preschoolers: Beech Tree Puppets and Birdfeeders, 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Beech Maple Lodge. The Puppets discover how birds feast at the feeders.Blendon Woods Metro Park 4265 state Route 161 E., Westerville
* Photo Prowl, 10 a.m. Saturday at the Nature Center. Join other photographers and search for great shots on the trails.
* Metro Five-0: Bird Feeding Basics, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Center. Learn how to attract birds to your backyard and check out who's at the Nature Center feeder. For ages 50 and older.Highbanks Metro Park 9466 U.S. 23 N., Lewis Center
* Homeschoolers: Eat Your Plants, 11 a.m. Monday at the Nature Center. Explore plant parts and their functions, then make a safe and tasty salad.Inniswood Metro Gardens 940 Hempstead Road, Westerville
* Meet the Artist, 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Innis House. Meet John Cameron and view his watercolor artwork, which will be on display throughout January.
* Chinese Herbs, 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9, at the Innis House. Join the Herb Society of America, Central Ohio Unit, and learn about the identification and usefulness of traditional Chinese herbs.Slate Run Metro Park 1375 state Route 674 N., Canal Winchester
* Harrier Hike, 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the Slate Run Wetlands. Look for northern harriers and other birds of prey on a 1.5-mile walk.Three Creeks Park 3860 Bixby Road, Groveport
* New Year Birds, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Confluence Trails bulletin board. Take an easy 1.5-mile walk through fields and forest and along the creek to search for birds and other wildlife.
Interpreters and assistive listening devices for persons with hearing impairments are available for any program. Call 891-0700 (TDD 895-6240) to schedule these services.