- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (plus more for dish)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
For maple vanilla frosting:
- 1 cup solid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced lengthwise and insides scraped
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large rectangular baking dish with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, spices, baking soda and baking powder.
In another large bowl, mix the eggs, molasses, oil, vanilla and maple extract.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and spread batter into the dish.
Bake for 20 minutes, rotate the pan 180 degrees, and reduce heat to 225. Bake for another 30 minutes.
Cool completely before cutting into squares.
For the maple vanilla frosting, mix all frosting ingredients in a food processor.
Store frosting in refrigerator until ready to serve, then let soften before spreading.