Following are Columbus and Franklin County Metropolitan Park District programs for this week.
Blendon Woods Metro Park
4265 state Route 161 E., Westerville
* Homeschoolers: Fuzzy, Scaly, Slimy, 10 a.m. Saturday at the Nature Center. Explore a range of animal skins.
Glacier Ridge Metro Park
9801 Hyland Croy Road, Plain City
* Raptor Hike, 10 a.m. Saturday at the bulletin board near the main entrance picnic area. Search for owls, hawks and other raptors on a 1.5-mile hike.
* Metro Five-0: Raptors, 2 p.m. Tuesday at the bulletin board near the main entrance picnic area. Look for owls, hawks and other raptors. For ages 50 and older.
Highbanks Metro Park
9466 U.S. 23 N., Lewis Center
* Winter Backpacking, 1 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Center. Learn how to plan a winter adventure and check out winter backpacking gear.
Inniswood Metro Gardens
940 Hempstead Road, Westerville
* 41st Annual Winter Hike Series, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Gardens entrance. Take a guided two-mile hike along the trails and garden paths.
Prairie Oaks Metro Park
3225 Plain City-Georgesville Road, West Jefferson
* Harrier Hike, 1 p.m. Saturday at the Prairie View Picnic Area. Look for low-flying northern harriers and other birds of prey on an off-trail hike through the prairie.
Slate Run Metro Park
1375 State Route 674 N., Canal Winchester
* Natural Play Area Adventure, 3 p.m. Sunday at the Shady Grove Program Area. If there is snow, activities will include building snowmen, snowwomen, castles and animals. If there is no snow, enjoy the Natural Play Area.
Interpreters and assistive listening devices for persons with hearing impairments are available for any program. Call 891-0700 (TDD 895-6240) to schedule these services.