What would the holidays be without snowflakes falling outside, a mug of hot cocoa in hand and a favorite Christmas movie on television?
Television is full of feel-good movies come the holiday season. Choose from among classic flicks you have watched year after year or new movies vying for spots as soon-to-be favorites.
Watching Christmas movies is a holiday tradition for many families. So much so that lines from popular movies are easily remembered and recognized. Those who can recite movies verbatim might enjoy testing their mettle with the following Christmas quiz loaded with memorable quotes from some holiday classics.
Movie Quotes Quiz
1. "It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags."
2. "Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed."
3. "If TV has taught me anything, it's that miracles always happen to poor kids at Christmas. It happened to Tiny Tim, it happened to Charlie Brown, it happened to The Smurfs, and it's gonna happen to us!"
4. "I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200 shot range model air rifle."
5. "Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen."
6. "Iris, in the movies, we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend."
7. "Who gave you permission to tell Charlie there was no Santa Claus? I think if we're going to destroy our son's delusions, I should be a part of it."
8. "I want to wash my hands, my face, my hair with snow."
9. "We're not just doing this for us. We're doing it for the kids. For every kid who ever sat on Santa's lap. For every little girl who left cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas night. For every little boy who opens a package Christmas morning and finds clothes instead of toys. It breaks my heart."
10. "We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It's run by a big Eastern syndicate you know."
11. "I fear you more than any spectre I have seen. But as I know your purpose is to do me good, and as I hope to live to be another man from what I was, I am prepared to bear your company, and do it with a thankful heart. Will you not speak to me?"
12. "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."
13. "Light the lamp, not the rat, light the lamp, not the rat! Put me out, put me out, put me out!"
14. "Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?"
15. "Wanna see some magic? OK, let's watch you disappear!"
16. "That's not 'my' Christmas! 'My' Christmas is filled with laughter, and joy... and this: my Sandy Claws outfit. I want you to make it."
17. "That's neither pig nor pork, it's beef."
18. "I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."