To the motorists who passed through the corner of state Route 161 and High Street in Worthington recently, please accept our blessings and a heartfelt thank-you.
To the Editor:
To the motorists who passed through the corner of state Route 161 and High Street in Worthington recently, please accept our blessings and a heartfelt thank-you. We were the guys in the bright yellow and red vests with the orange buckets handing out rulers and want to thank everyone for driving safely.
As part of a statewide, two-weekend "Measure Up" campaign, the Knights of Columbus Council 11445 from St. Michael Church in Worthington held our annual appeal for donations to support persons with developmental disabilities. Our local council directly distributes 80 percent of the funds, and the remaining 20 percent is distributed to Ohio charities by our state organization.
To the Worthington Police and Fire Departments, and especially to City Clerk Kay Thress, thank you for our safe-keeping and our permits.
To the COTA and Worthington school bus drivers who contributed, thanks for being the first bus driver contributions we can recall.
To the Luke's and Brickman crews in their trucks, the girl on her way to work at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, the pizza delivery guy on his shift and all the other work uniforms we can't recall, I'm sure your employers thank you for doing a good deed while in uniform.
To the countless and nameless multitudes who donated, from the guy who put $25 in my bucket a few minutes before we ended to the seminarians who gave a few coins and their blessings, each and every donation is the backbone of our campaign. Our sincere thanks for making our council's among the most successful.
And finally, to the car with the license plates that evoked Ebenezer Scrooge, maybe next year.