To the Editor:
It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that the Social Studies Department at Kilbourne Middle School announces a community-wide celebration for the building's 75th birthday. Our school, located at 50 E. Dublin-Granville Road, was opened to junior high school students in 1938, with H.C. Burrell as principal.
After WWII, our building became an elementary school. Later, when new elementary schools were built around Worthington, this building became a ninth-grade campus for freshmen attending Worthington High School. The last freshman class left Kilbourne in 1990, when the new Worthington Kilbourne High School was constructed on Hard Road.
After a short stint as a worthington Board of Education building annex, the school was renovated and reopened as a middle school in 1993, under principal Pamela Van Horn.
The current principal, Pete Scully, has been here for three years. Our school and department would like to solicit stories and reflections about our building's past from the community.
We are inviting the community to share memories of the school as part of the 75th birthday celebration. We are hoping to receive submissions from former junior high, elementary, freshmen and middle school students, teachers and principals. Submissions may be dropped off at the Kilbourne Middle School office, mailed to us at 50 E. Dublin-Granville Road, Worthington, OH, 43085, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kelly Cox, Donna Newman,
and principal Pete Scully