Thieves checking out residents' garages
Bexley police received multiple reports of residents' garages being broken into between Jan. 15 and 18.
A bicycle was stolen from a garage on Cassingham Road between Jan. 15 and 16.
A resident of the 2800 block of Columbus Avenue reported his garage had been broken into between Jan. 17 and 18, but nothing was reported missing.
Between Jan. 17 and 18, someone broke into a garage in the 2700 block of Bellwood Avenue, but again, nothing was reported missing.
In other recent police reports:
* Miscellaneous items were stolen from a garage in the 2400 block of Sherwood Road between Oct. 1 and Jan. 17.
* A Columbus woman was arrested and charged with forgery after attempting to cash a check at a Bexley bank Jan. 17.
* On Jan. 16, a woman attempted to open an account at a Bexley bank using a fraudulent check.
* A resident of the 600 block of Euclaire Avenue reported that, between Jan. 15 and 18, an air-conditioning unit was stolen from her property.
* A resident of the 2500 block of East Broad Street reported items missing from her home between Jan. 18 and 21.
* A Columbus man was arrested and charged with driving under the influence following a Jan. 22 traffic stop for speeding on East Main Street.
* A Columbus man was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia Jan. 23 in the 2200 block of East Main Street.