Purse snatching reported at the Bexley library
On March 18, Bexley police were called to the Bexley Public Library, 2411 E. Main St., after a man grabbed a library patron's purse and laptop and fled.
According to Bexley police reports, the suspect tried to escape through an emergency exit, but when the alarm sounded, he took off toward the front doors with the victim and two others chasing him. Once outside, he dropped the laptop and kept running. The purse was later found in the first-floor men's restroom with just the wallet missing.
In other recent Bexley Police Department incident reports:
* A professional camera was stolen from a vehicle in a parking lot in the 800 block of Park Drive between 9 p.m. March 17 and noon March 18. The victim told police someone broke the driver's side window and stole the camera and a lens, worth $5,000 total.
* A resident of the 800 block of Pleasant Ridge Avenue called police about 11:45 p.m. March 22 after he heard a loud noise in his backyard and, upon investigation, noticed wet footprints near his water garden. The footprints led to his unlocked vehicle, where a pair of binoculars worth $300 and a set of keys to the vehicle were discovered missing.
* Police said $330 worth of items were stolen March 19 from an unlocked vehicle in the 700 block of South Cassingham Road. Stolen items included a diaper bag, GPS and prescription medicine.
* Occupants of a residence in the 700 block of Euclaire Avenue reported the video screen attached to their in-vehicle DVD player was stolen the night of March 19 from an unlocked van.
* The owner of a vehicle parked in the 2000 block of Seneca Park Place told police March 20 that he couldn't be sure whether the car was locked when $3,317 worth of items were reported stolen. Items listed stolen in the report include a laptop computer, nursing scrubs, nursing books and a stethoscope.
* Police took a report of a theft from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway in the 2000 block of Elm Avenue March 22. A pair of Oakley sunglasses valued at $150 was the only item reported stolen.
* Police were called March 22 to do a sweep of a residence in the 2000 block of Bexley Park Road after the owner discovered a rear window was broken and the back door was ajar. According to the report, the home was empty, but nearly $4,000 worth of items were stolen.
Missing were a television, DVD player, laptop, iPad, digital camera, cufflinks, money clip and jewelry. Police recovered evidence and an investigation is pending.