Bexley: Broken glass only sign of vehicle stolen on Chelsea
A resident's car was stolen between Aug. 12 and 13 from in front of her home in the 700 block of Chelsea Avenue, Bexley police reported. Broken glass was found on the ground where the locked vehicle had been parked. Ashville police later recovered the vehicle, police reports said.
In other recent incident reports from the Bexley Police Department:
* A Columbus resident reported he parked his car Aug. 11 on East Main Street near its intersection with Drexel Avenue to allow the vehicle to cool down, leaving the keys in the ignition. He began to walk for help and upon returning, found that someone had stolen the vehicle. Columbus police later recovered the vehicle, reports said.
* A resident of the 800 block of Sheridan Avenue reported an acquaintance stole her iPhone valued at $660 Aug. 15.
* An employee at CVS Pharmacy, 2532 E. Main St., reported that on Aug. 13, a male suspect stole a DVD player valued at $35. After a foot chase, police apprehended the suspect and returned the DVD player to the store.
* A resident of the first block of South Cassingham Road reported someone stole an iPhone valued at $660 Aug. 7 from the shelter house at Jeffrey Park, 165 N. Parkview Ave.
* A resident of the 800 block of Village Creek Drive reported someone entered the back patio of her apartment and took two bicycles valued at $25 and $10 and a potted plant between Aug. 7 and 11.
* A trash can valued at $73 was reported stolen from the 900 block of Ferndale Place between July 22 and July 29.