A Galloway resident told Bexley police he was making a business cash drop at Fifth Third Bank, 2570 E. Main St., when an unknown man suddenly approached and threatened him with a handgun.
The robber took the merchant's deposit bag containing $2,040 and ordered the victim back into his vehicle. The robber then drove the victim's vehicle a short distance into the city of Columbus, where he exited and fled on foot, Bexley police reported.
The suspect was described as 6 foot 1 inch tall and 180 pounds. The victim was unable to describe any other features because the suspect was wearing a ski mask and a long jacket, reports said.
In other recent incident reports from the Bexley Police Department:
* A resident of the 2700 block of Sherwood Road reported that on Nov. 26, someone entered his unlocked 2006 Honda Odyssey, which was parked in his driveway, and drove the vehicle away. The vehicle was recovered undamaged about four blocks away in the 2900 block of East Main Street. A cigar was left on the driver's floorboard. Photos were taken of the scene and the vehicle was released to the owner.
* A resident of the 2000 block of Fair Avenue reported that on Nov. 21, someone entered his unlocked vehicle, which was parked in his driveway, and stole $15 in loose change from the center console.
* A resident of the 200 block of North Parkview Avenue reported someone stole a black pearl necklace valued at $9,900 and a gold bracelet valued at $3,200 from a chest in the master bedroom of her residence Nov. 18.
* A resident of the first block of Bullitt Park Place reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle, parked in his driveway, on Nov. 22. A checkbook and a canvas bag containing a drill and 18-volt batteries valued at $250 were stolen.
* A resident of the first block of South Dawson Avenue reported that on Nov. 22, someone entered his unlocked vehicle, which was parked in his driveway, and stole an empty wallet valued at $70.