On April 15, Bexley police officers responded to a report that the back door of a vacant residence in the 700 block of Grandon Avenue was open.
The officers found that copper pipes had been cut and removed from the basement plumbing. Officers secured the house and reported the damage to the property company managing the house.
Police also responded to a report that between April 10 and April 17, someone entered a house in the 2500 block of East Livingston Avenue and stole copper pipe valued at $300 from the basement.
In other recent incident reports from the Bexley Police Department:
* A resident of the Bexley Court Apartments in the 900 block of Mayfield Place reported someone damaged the coin machines in the laundry room on April 10. The reporting officer found that two commercial dryers had been damaged, but was not able to determine if any money was missing.
* A resident in the 400 block of North Cassady Avenue reported someone pried open his front door April 10 and stole an Xbox 360 valued at $250.
* A resident in the 100 block of Dawson Avenue reported that between April 10 and April 11, someone stole his 2013 Lincoln MKT from his driveway.
* A resident in the 200 block of South Dawson Avenue reported that between April 10 and April 11, someone entered an unattached garage and stole two bicycles and two helmets.
* An officer responded to a report that a group of teenagers broke a classroom window April 12 at Maryland Elementary School, 2754 Maryland Ave.
* A resident in the 800 block of Sheridan Avenue reported that between April 16 and April 17, someone broke into his locked vehicle and stole his wallet.
* A resident in the 100 block of South Parkview Avenue reported that on April 17, someone stole her daughter's skateboard, valued at $35, from the bushes in front of Jeffrey Mansion, 165 N. Parkview Ave.
A second skateboard, belonging the daughter of a resident in the 100 block of Ashbourne Road, was stolen on the same day at that location. It was valued at $120, reports stated.