An employee of Speedway, 2240 E. Livingston Ave., reported that on April 28, an unknown object was thrown into a dumpster in the parking lot, causing it to catch fire.
The fire was contained to the dumpster and the building was not damaged, reports stated.
In other recent incident reports from the Bexley Police Department:
* A resident in the 900 block of Mayfield Place reported someone kicked in the door of his apartment April 24, causing extensive damage to the door. No items were reported missing.
* A resident in the 800 block of Montrose Avenue reported someone stole copper and the internal parts from an air conditioning unit on April 25.
* A resident in the 800 block of Village Creek Drive reported April 26 that his 2003 Nissan Maxima was stolen from the parking lot of Village Creek Apartments. The vehicle contained the victim's wallet with numerous credit cards and his cell phone.
* A resident in the 900 block of Vernon Avenue reported that on April 27, a purse containing numerous credit cards and a Social Security card was stolen from her vehicle.
* An employee of a business in the 2500 block of East Main Street reported April 28 that a man and woman loaded up a shopping cart and left without paying. The only confirmed stolen item was Tide detergent, police reports said.
* An employee of a business in the 2100 block of East Livingston Avenue reported that between April 23 and April 30, a catalytic converter and an oxygen sensor were stolen from a white Honda Odyssey that had been left for service.
* A resident in the 900 block of Grandon Avenue reported April 30 that someone had broken in and stole jewelry valued at $500 and coins valued at $25.95.
* A resident in the 100 block of South Cassady Road reported that on May 1, a large, pink canvas bag was taken from the porch. The bag contained an unactivated iPhone, a Verizon flip phone, three stuffed animals and a Bexley recreation soccer uniform.