An employee of a business in the 2200 block of East Livingston Avenue told police a man attempted to steal a case of beer from the store on May 3.
When the employee confronted the man in the parking lot, he gave the case of beer back. It was later discovered that the suspect stole two deli sandwiches from the store.
Police reports said the suspect was described as a white man in his 50s, with white and red hair and a beard, and wearing a blue jacket.
In other recent incident reports from the Bexley Police Department:
• A resident in the 800 block of Grandon Avenue reported that on May 1, someone spray-painted an obscenity on her garage door.
• An owner of a residence in the 100 block of Montrose Avenue reported that between May 1 and May 2, someone gained entry into an unoccupied home under construction and stole a saw valued at $100.
• A resident in the 700 block of Sheridan Avenue reported a man stole an Xbox 360 video game console with two controllers, a black bookbag containing miscellaneous items and a 24-inch flat-screen television sometime May 4.
• A Gahanna resident reported her black cellphone in a pink and silver case was stolen May 5 from a business in the 2500 block of East Main Street.
• A resident in the 2400 block of Sherwood Road reported someone shattered the driver's side window of his vehicle while it was parked at the rear of his home between May 5 and May 6. A stack of Tim Hortons gift cards valued at $500 were taken from inside the vehicle.
• A resident in the 300 block of South Cassady Avenue reported someone shattered a side window of her vehicle while it was parked in the driveway of her home between May 5 and May 6.
• A resident in the 2300 block of Brentwood Road reported that between May 5 and May 6, a bicycle was stolen from the bed of his truck. Also reported stolen were a green nylon sports bag with personal property and sports equipment, a $50 gift card and $10 in change.
• A resident in the 100 block of South Cassady Avenue reported someone stole five gift cards from her purse on May 6.
• A mountain bike belonging to a resident in the 100 block of Chesterfield Road was stolen from in front of the Bexley Public Library, 2411 E. Main St. The bike was valued at $300, police reports stated.
• A Reynoldsburg resident reported she left her purse in the parking lot of a business in the 2100 block of East Main Street on May 6 and when she later recovered it, her wallet containing $50 in cash and various credit cards was missing.
• A resident of Etna reported that on May 2, someone stole a debit card from her purse, which she had left in her vehicle, parked in the lot of a business in the 2600 block of East Main Street.
• An employee of a business in the 2500 block of East Main Street reported a male suspect stole two 12-packs of Heineken beer, valued at a total of $25, on May 8.