On July 24, Bexley police were dispatched to CVS Pharmacy, 2532 E. Main St., on a bomb threat.
According to the complainant, an unknown person called the business and demanded that seven gift cards be loaded with $500 each and be sent to him. If this was not done, the caller stated there was a bomb in the parking lot which he would detonate. The officers checked the business and parking lot and found no signs of any unusual packages.
In other recent incident reports from the Bexley Police Department:
* The owner of a business in the 2600 block of East Main Street reported that sometime between July 21 and July 22, someone broke the rear window of the business and entered the building. Once inside, the person pried open a cash drawer and took $400 from the drawer. The cash register also was opened and $200 was taken from its drawer.
* A resident in the first block of South Ardmore Road reported someone stole her vehicle from the unattached garage at the rear of her residence July 19. The garage was entered through an unlocked side door. Once entry was gained, the automatic garage door opener was disengaged and the bay door was opened manually.
* A resident in the 100 block of South Dawson Avenue reported someone entered her vehicle without her permission July 19, rummaged through it, and stole a cellphone car charger and approximately $5 in assorted change.
* A resident in the 2500 block of East Livingston Avenue reported that sometime between July 6 and July 18, someone attempted to enter her home through a side window.
* A resident in the 2400 block of Bexford Place reported that sometime between July 18 and July 20, someone entered an unlocked vehicle, which was parked in the driveway of the home, and stole a laptop computer with a black case, valued at $1,600.
* A resident in the 500 block of Sheridan Avenue reported someone stole two bicycles from the front porch July 20.
* A resident in the 2700 block of Bellwood Avenue reported someone stole a yellow children's mountain bike from the west side yard of his residence July 22.