Municipal pool to open on May 31
The Canal Winchester Municipal Swimming Pool, 180 Groveport Road, will open at noon May 31.
The hours of operation for the 2013 season are noon to 8 p.m. May 31 through Sept. 1. The exception will be Aug. 23 and 30, when hours will be 4 to 8 p.m. only.
The pool will be closed Aug. 21, 22, and 26-29, when school begins.
It re-opens noon to 8 p.m. Aug. 31 through Sept. 1, then closes for the season on Sept. 2.
Memberships and pool party pre-sales will start May 28 and run through May 30, from 1 to 7 p.m. at the pool. These items can also be purchased during regular pool hours.
Daily admission, individual memberships and family memberships are limited to residents of Canal Winchester and the Canal Winchester School District.
The following are the pool rates for the 2013 season:
* Family membership -- $190 for families residing within the city of Canal Winchester and $230 for families residing outside the city but inside school district boundaries.
* Individual membership -- $100 for individuals residing within Canal Winchester and $115 for individuals residing outside the city but inside school district boundaries.
* Daily admission -- $5 per day. $2 after 6 p.m.
* Ten-Day pass -- $40 per person.
* Children 2 and under are free with a paying adult.
* Seniors age 60 and older are free with a valid ID.
* Active-duty military personnel and their families with valid ID are $3.75 a person.
Membership applications are available online for anyone who would like to fill them out in advance. Anyone interested in using the community pool can confirm whether or not they live within the city's corporation limits by checking the corporation map online.
Individuals can also verify their school district by looking up their address on the County Auditor's website.
If space is available, reduced priced memberships opportunities will open up on July 5 to those who pay income taxes to the city.
The individual who is employed within the city may either purchase an individual (for himself or herself only) or a family membership at the outside corporation limits rate.
Adults may rent the pool for a private pool party on designated evenings from 8 to 10 p.m. The rental cost is $200.
Swim lesson sign-ups will begin when the pool opens for the regular season. They are scheduled to run eight sessions over two weeks. Classes will be held Monday through Thursday with Friday being a make-up day for inclement weather.
A complete schedule of swim lesson classes will be available on the city's website, canalwinchesterohio.gov.
Columbus Pool Management has a few lifeguard positions still available. If interested, call Dan Phillips at 614-554-0744.