The Charity Newsies organization has announced that applications for assistance for the 2013-2014 school year are available at Charity Newsies Headquarters and at Columbus Metropolitan Library branches.
Since 1907, Charity Newsies has provided children with new school clothes. Applications for assistance are available from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 2, at the Charity Newsies Headquarters, 4300 Indianola Ave.
Applications also may be picked up from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at the following locations and dates:
* Karl Road library, 5590 Karl Road, and the Hilltop library, 511 S. Hague Ave., Aug. 24.
* Linden library, 2223 Cleveland Ave., and the Parsons library, 845 Parson Ave., Sept. 7.
* Hilliard library, 4772 Cemetery Road, Sept. 14.
* South High library, 3540 S. High St., Sept. 21.
* Franklinton library, 1061 W. Town St., Sept. 28.
* Southwest-Grove City library, 3359 Park St., Oct. 5.
* Hilltop library, 511 S. Hague Ave., Oct. 12.
* Northern Lights library, 4093 Cleveland Ave., Oct. 19.
* Livingston library, 3434 Livingston Ave., Oct. 26.
Applications must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. Applicants must live in Franklin County and provide verified attendance at a Franklin County K-12 school (public, private, charter or parochial) and a valid photo ID, Social Security card and proof of income (a recent pay stub or Human Services benefit summary).
After applications are submitted, Charity Newsies volunteers will visit each applicant's home to determine the need of each school-age child. Applicants will be given a clothing appointment to select a coat, shirts, pants, underwear and socks at the Charity Newsies store.
For more information about the program, including how to get involved, visit charity newsies.com.