A burglar stole jewelry, a tablet computer and an entire dresser drawer from a Northridge Road home, whose owner discovered the break-in at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 28, according to Columbus police reports.
The woman told police her home was broken into through the front door after 7:45 a.m. that day. The door and a screen door together sustained $775 in damage, reports said. The stolen jewelry is worth $400, the tablet computer is worth $500 and the dresser drawer was valued at $50.
Several other break-ins have been reported recently in Clintonville:
* An East Kelso Road woman said her home was broken into and a camera valued at $1,000 was stolen between noon and 3:40 p.m. Jan. 29. The woman said the back door of her house sustained $500 in damage.
* A Summit Street home was burglarized between 7 a.m. and 5:54 p.m. Jan. 28, reports said. The homeowner said a $1,000 television was stolen. The thief damaged a set of French doors and smashed a glass-block window during the break-in, reports said.
* A woman reported at 5:16 p.m. Jan. 27 that her Broad Meadows Boulevard apartment had been broken into between 8 p.m. Jan. 12 and noon Jan. 15. The victim said she had removed a $90 emerald necklace and a vintage emerald ring worth $2,000 from the safe-deposit box at her bank and stored them in her home safe Jan. 15, but found they were missing Jan. 27.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A $1,000 computer and a GPS unit valued at $150 were stolen from a Dublin man's car while he went into a North High Street business "to grab a few things" at 2:45 p.m. Jan. 29.
The man told police he was in the business in the 2800 block of North High Street for only about 10 minutes, but when he returned to the vehicle, its rear window had been smashed and his computer bag, which also contained a checkbook, were gone. The man said he returned to the business and spoke with the manager, who said he would check video-surveillance footage of the parking lot.
* A man reported prescription medicine worth $200 was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked on West Henderson Road between 7 p.m. Jan. 22 and 9:43 a.m. Jan. 24.
* The owner of a business in the 5400 block of North High Street contacted police at 11:50 a.m. Jan. 30 to say an employee had embezzled $4,000 between Dec. 30 and 10 a.m. that day.
* A resident of North High Street said she was assaulted in her home at 8 p.m. Jan. 30.