A Richmond Avenue man told Columbus police he was choked, punched in the face several times and had his life threatened at 11:24 p.m. Feb. 26.
In a report filed about an hour later, the victim said he was in a car on Melrose Avenue when the attack took place.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* An attempted robbery was reported Feb. 28 at United Dairy Farmers, 5370 N. High St. The incident took place at 10:11 p.m. that day, according to the employee who contacted police.
* Sound equipment valued at $1,259 was reported stolen at 7:46 p.m. Feb. 24 from a business in the 3300 block of North High Street. The theft, which the reporting person said was committed by a known suspect, took place between 11 a.m. Jan. 15 and 11 p.m. Feb. 20.
* Power tools valued at $10,000 were stolen from a man's work truck parked on Oakland Park Avenue between 5:30 p.m. Feb. 25 and 9 a.m. Feb. 26. The vehicle sustained $50 in damage during the break-in, according to reports.
* A woman contacted police at 12:40 p.m. Feb. 11 to report her son had been assaulted an hour earlier while in a restroom at Whetstone High School, 4405 Scenic Drive. The woman said her son told her he was attacked by two people when he went into the bathroom. She added that he observed three people in the restroom, but was able to identify only the two who attacked him.
* In a report filed as a kidnapping, a Hiawatha Street woman said she was "placed in a vehicle and driven around until she exited the vehicle" between 3 and 4:30 p.m. Feb. 24. The report said the event took place on North High Street.
* A Tibet Road woman said her car was damaged while it was parked in the 3300 block of North High Street between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 16. She said the side mirror had been smashed, but she couldn't tell if it was struck with a car or something else.