City Folk's Farm Shop is marking the start of spring with classes and special events to support beginning and advanced gardeners.
Highlights of the spring session include:
* Wet Felting Workshop, April 3, led by Kate Hodges.
* Naturally Healthy Goats, April 6, led by Annie Warmke of Blue Rock Station.
* Attracting Butterflies and Hummingbirds, April 10, with Barbara Kay Velez Barbosa, a National Wildlife Federation Habitat Ambassador.
* Snacks on the Go! April 30.
* Composting With Worms, May 6, by One20 Farm's Jeremy Gedert
* Healthy Fats, May 21.
* Probiotic Drinks, June 11, with the founders of Columbus' newly formed Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter.
City Folk's Farm Shop will celebrate its third anniversary with a series of special events around Earth Day on April 19. Proceeds from some events and item sales will go to Stratford Ecological Center.
Swainway Urban Farm organic pepper, tomato, lettuce, and kale seedlings will arrive in late April. The shop is also bringing in seed potatoes, onion sets, strawberry plants, hops rhizomes and sweet potato slips. Some plants are limited, so City Folk's offers customers the option to pre-order and reserve what they want.
City Folk's Farm Shop was created to connect city-dwellers to goods, services, information and other people who are interested in city farming. The shelves are stocked with gardening tools and supplies, backyard animal feeds and equipment, and homesteading products from local and small businesses