For the 57th year, the Civitan Club of North Columbus will present the Park of Roses Summer Concert Series.
The series begins at 7 p.m. Sunday, May 25, with a performance by the Whetstone High School Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Rick Burkart, who is retiring after 35 years as instrumental director at Whetstone.
The weekly concerts are sponsored in conjunction with the Columbus Parks and Recreation Department and area businesses and will be held in the Park of Roses gazebo.
The concerts, which will be 60 to 75 minutes long, are held every Sunday evening through Aug. 31.
Scheduled acts are:
* June 1 -- the Ohio State University Alumni Band.
* June 8 -- Grove City Community Winds.
* June 15 -- Brass Band of Columbus.
* June 22 -- Columbus Chorus Sweet Adelines.
* June 29 -- Greater Columbus Concert Band.
* July 6 -- Central Ohio Brass Band.
* July 13 -- Dr. Tony's Original Ragtime Band.
* July 20 -- Chapel Brass Band.
* July 27 -- All Ohio State Fair Band.
* Aug. 3 -- Worthington Civic Band.
* Aug. 10 -- Clintonville Community Choir.
* Aug. 17 -- Servin (Gospel Choir) with Anita Peterfish.
* Aug. 24 -- Reynoldsburg Concert Band.
* Aug. 31 -- Clintonville Community Band and C'Ville Songsters.
Admission is free. In case of inclement weather, concerts will be moved into the shelter house. For more information, call 614-268-3567.