A West North Broadway man said he was punched in the back of the head at his home at 11:30 p.m. May 13, causing his glasses to fall off.
His alleged attacker told a different story to Columbus police, saying the two had gotten into an argument and began wrestling with one another, which cause the man's glasses to break.
Neither man had visible injuries and each refused medical treatment, reports said. The victim was referred to the prosecutor's office.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A burglar stole a $30 pocketknife and caused more than $300 in damage to a Westwood Road home May 16, according to reports.
The victim said his house was broken into between 9:30 and 10:51 p.m. The window locks sustained $200 in damage while a screen valued at $35 and blinds worth $75 were ruined, reports said.
* A Richards Road woman contacted police at 8:45 a.m. May 16 after receiving notice from the Internal Revenue Service that someone had used her Social Security number to file an income tax return and received a refund of $100, reports said.
* A would-be burglar caused $500 damage to a Highfield Drive home in an attempted break-in that was reported at 11 a.m. May 14. The victim said the crime took place between 9 p.m. May 13 and 2:42 a.m. May 14.
* A vacant Broad Meadows Boulevard apartment was broken into between 8 a.m. May 10 and 7 a.m. May 11, the owner of the building said in a report filed May 13. Hand tools worth $100 and a $50 ladder were taken, along with $20 in copper water lines, reports said.
* A man from Lincroft, N.J., said he was attacked on Indianola Avenue between 5 and 6 p.m. May 16. When an officer summoned paramedics, the man reportedly refused treatment and "was uncooperative in providing details about the assault," police said.