Travel the Globe each Wednesday with the Clintonville Farmers' Market and Global Gallery Coffee Shop. Buy from local farmers, enjoy local artists performing diverse musical and dance styles, and sample cuisine from around the world.
Global Wednesdays will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. every Wednesday through Aug. 6, at the Global Gallery Coffee Shop, 3535 N. High St. The entertainment is free.
Farmers and Ohio producers will sell fresh produce, honey, baked goods and other Ohio products. Global Wednesdays also will rotate other special offerings such as food trucks, cooking demos, cultural recipes with seasonal foods and food specials at Global Gallery.
Kids can learn about diverse cultures by receiving their own Global Wednesdays Passport. Each week kids can collect stamps from around the world. Those 14 and under with six or more stamps in their passports will be eligible for a prize at the end of summer.
Featured events include:
* July 9, Thiossane, live West African drum and dance.
* July 16, Jen Miller, jazz and blues singer with guitarist.
* July 23, Trinidaddies, Caribbean steel drum music.
* July 30, Celebrating American Indian culture: Traditional dance and music and corn husk doll-making workshop.
* Aug. 6, Victor Zancudo, Latin pop music; Mexican cooking demo by Leticia Vasquez; and Mexican flower making workshop for kids.
The program is supported by the Greater Columbus Arts Council and the Ohio Arts Council.