A business in the 2800 block of Indianola Avenue was ransacked after a break-in last week, according to Columbus police reports.
The officer who discovered the crime at 5:42 a.m. July 3 said he looked inside the establishment and saw a smashed cash register and broken wine bottles. The alarm company that notified police of the burglary was unable to contact the owner, reports said. The officer said he left a notice of the crime and fire personnel secured a broken set of French doors.
A business in the 5300 block of North High Street also was burglarized at 4:05 a.m. July 2. A total of $2,260 in cash was stolen along with a router valued at $100.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* A $70 briefcase containing a checkbook, bills, credit-card statements and miscellaneous papers was reported stolen from an East Lincoln Avenue residence at 7:45 p.m. July 5. The victim said the items were taken by someone who entered his home through a screen door between 9 a.m. July 2 and 3 p.m. July 5.
* Power tools valued at $6,000 were reported stolen from a van parked on Arbor Village Drive between 1 and 7 a.m. July 5.
* A Broad Meadows Boulevard man said his work vehicle's lock was punched out between 7 a.m. July 2 and 6:30 a.m. July 3. Tools worth about $4,000 were stolen, he said.
* A Hiawatha Street man said he was assaulted in the 3300 block of Indianola Avenue at 11:16 p.m. July 3. He refused medical attention, according to reports.
* An East Kelso Road man said someone evidently tried to break into his home between 6 a.m. July 4 and 9 a.m. July 5. The homeowner said the screen of his front storm door had been bent.
* A $400 lawn mower was reported stolen from a shed in the 400 block of Crestview Road at 11:13 a.m. July 1. The mower was removed between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. the previous day, the victim reported.
* Jewelry worth $12,500 was reported stolen at 10 a.m. June 30 from a North High Street apartment. The victim said the theft of the jewelry, including a $4,000 watch and another timepiece valued at $2,000, occurred between 10:40 a.m. June 15 and 11:45 a.m. June 29.
* A Lewis Center man said his $700 camera and a $600 lens were stolen between 12:30 and 12:44 a.m. June 30 while he was inside a North High Street business.
* A man from Idaho Falls, Idaho, said his $10,000 woodworking tool was stolen from a home in the 4600 block of Indianola Avenue between 6 and 7:30 p.m. June 29.
* A vehicle valued at $15,000 was reported stolen at 12:31 p.m. June 30 from the 500 block of Tibet Road. The owner of the vehicle said it was taken from in front of his home between 11 p.m. June 29 and 6:30 a.m. June 30.