Five cellphones, together worth $3,120, were reported stolen during a burglary of a North High Street business that took place at 1:31 a.m. Aug. 9.
Entry was gained by forcing open a back door, Columbus police reports said. Fingerprints were taken from items the suspect was believed to have handled.
In other recent Clintonville-area police reports:
* United Dairy Farmers, 3388 Indianola Ave., was robbed of an undisclosed amount of cash at 1:06 a.m. Aug. 7. The two clerks on duty at the time of the crime were not injured, reports said.
* Tim Hortons, 2754 N. High St., was the scene of an attempted robbery at 3:30 p.m. Aug. 9. An employee said a man claiming to have a gun tried to hold up the shop but left without taking anything.
* A Broad Meadows Boulevard man said a person with whom he was arguing threw coffee on him at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 10.
* A purse containing $800 in cash and a $150 camera was stolen from a Delaware woman's car while it was parked in the 3900 block of North High Street between 9:30 and 10:45 a.m. Aug. 6, reports said.
* An East Kanawha Avenue woman contacted police at 7:16 a.m. Aug. 7 to say she had received a dozen text messages that used profane language and threatened her with physical harm.
* An East Torrence Road man said he was threatened with violence at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 7. He filed the report of the incident, which took place at his residence, at 1:56 a.m. Aug. 8.
* A break-in reportedly took place between 8:30 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. Aug. 5 on East Kelso Road. The victim said a laptop computer worth $2,000 was taken.
* A wallet valued at $25 was reported stolen in a burglary in the 2800 block of Neil Avenue that took place at 11 p.m. Aug. 5. The residents said they heard a noise overnight, then noticed the wallet had been taken and a front window screen was missing the next morning.
* A Bryden Road man was issued a summons for disorderly conduct at 7:32 p.m. Aug. 3 at the intersection of West Lakeview Avenue and North High Street.
* A North Fourth Street woman said she entered a North High Street business at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 1 and discovered her wallet was missing when she left three hours later. She said she checked for it in her car and at home, then checked with her bank and discovered a fraudulent charge had been made on her credit card.
* A Kingshill Drive woman was charged with assault at 7:22 p.m. Aug. 5 after an employee of a business in the 4300 block of North High Street said the woman threw something at her "because she was dissatisfied with her order," according to reports.
* A woman who lives in the 4900 block of North High Street said she was threatened with physical violence at her residence at 11:16 p.m. Aug. 4.