Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com.
• Hormone Balance, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 6. Hormone balance professional Bob Wood will discuss bioidentical hormone therapy and nutrition as ways to help women cope with symptoms of menopause. Cost is $12 per person.
• Seated Massage, 4 to 7 p.m., Thursday, May 8. Cost is $12. Appointments required.
• Fibromyalgia Support Group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, May 12, in Suite 3 of the Medical Office Building. Free.
• Living Well with Diabetes, 3 to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, May 13, 14 and 15. Registered nurse and diabetic educator Debbi Burns will discuss nutrition, glucose monitoring, hyper and hypoglycemia and other issues. Course is free but registration is required.
• Preparing for Labor and Delivery, 6 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, May 14, or 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 8. Sessions taught by Family Birthplace nurses offer breathing and relaxation techniques to help make labor and delivery more comfortable.Cost is $65 for the expectant mother and her support person.
• Tae Kwon Do, for ages 11 and up. 10:30 a.m. to noon, beginning Saturday, May 17. Six-week series is taught by black belt instructors. Cost is $45.
• Kid Kwon Do, for ages 6-10. 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., beginning Saturday, May 17. Six-week series is taught by a black belt instructor. Cost is $45.
• "My Mom's Having a Baby!", 3 to 4 p.m. Monday,May 19. Class taught by a registered nurse helps prepare older siblings for a new baby's arrival.Recommended for the last four weeks of pregnancy. Children must be at least 2 and accompanied by an adult. Cost is $10 for parent and one child; $20 for parent and two children.
• Breastfeeding - How To Make It Work for Your Family, 7 to 9 p.m., Monday, May 19. Program covers anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding, benefits and solutions to common problems. Mothers who have delivered are encouraged to bring their babies. Fee is $15 per couple. Pre-registration is required.
• Baby Care, 1:30-4:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 18. How to get a home ready for a baby, feeding, diapering and bathing, knowing what to do when a baby is ill and other information. Taught by a Grady Family Birthplace nurse. Cost is $15 per couple.
• Body Fat Testing, 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, in the Grady Medical Office Building. Quick, painless test given in a 15-minute appointment. Cost is $15 per person.
• Circle of Friends Grief Support Group, 6:30-8 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month. Free.