Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com.
• "My Mom's Having a Baby!", 3 to 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18 Class taught by a registered nurse helps prepare older siblings for a new baby's arrival. Recommended for the last four weeks of pregnancy. Children must be at least 2 and accompanied by an adult. Cost is $10 for parent and one child; $20 for parent and two children.
• Tai Chi, Chinese exercise that relaxes and strengthens body and mind. Six-week series runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. beginning Tuesday, Aug. 5. For ages 12 and older. Cost is $45 per person.
• Grief class, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 6. Life is different without our parents. Gather monthly with others, ages 18 to 80, to share the experience of parental loss. Free.
• RSVP (Really Special Visit for Parents), 3 to 4 p.m., Sunday,Aug. 10. Free tour of the Grady Family Birthplace. Admitting procedures, birthing options, sibling opportunities and other information will be offered. Program includes a take-home packet.
• Breastfeeding - How to Make It Work for You, 7 to 9 p.m., Monday,Aug. 11. Program covers anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding, benefits and solutions to common problems. Mothers who have delivered are encouraged to bring their babies. Fee is $15 per couple. Pre-registration is required.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Aug. 11,in in medical office building, suite 3. Physical therapist Jim Krupa will discuss "Modalities for Fibromyalgia."
• Preparing for Labor and Delivery,6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, or 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 10. A Family Birthplace nurse will teach expectant parents to work as a team to share fully in the birth of their child. Classes are held in the Grade Medical Office Building. Cost is $65.
• Fifteen-minute seated massage, 4 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 14 with new licensed therapist Julie Clinger. Cost is $12. Appointments are required.
• Baby Care, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 24. How to get a home ready for a baby, feeding, diapering and bathing, knowing what to do when a baby is ill and other information. Taught by a Grady Family Birthplace nurse. Cost is $15 per couple.
• Grief class, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19. Coping skills and how to adjust to the powerful loss of an adult child. Facilitator is Lucy Hunter, M.A. Free.