Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com.
• Tae Kwon Do, six-week series runs from 10:30 a.m. to noon. beginning Saturday, Jan. 3. Classes taught by black-belt instructors teach practical self-defense techniques. For those 11 years old or older. Cost is $45 for the series.
• Kid Kwon Do, six-week series runs each Saturday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. beginning Jan. 3. Classes taught by black-belt instructor teach practical techniques for personal safety. Open to children ages 6-10. Series cost is $45.
• American Sign Language, six-week series for those 12 years old and older runs each Sunday from 1 to 3 p.m. beginning Jan. 4. Cost is $50 per person.
• Fifteen-minute seated massage, 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 8. Therapist Julie Clinger will help tense shoulder and neck muscles relax. Cost is $12 per person.
• "Hearts Remaining," grief class for men and women age 55 or older who have lost a spouse, an adult child or a sibling. The next session is from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Friday, Jan. 9. Free.
• Pilates, eight-week series runs from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. beginning Thursday, Jan. 8. Designed to strengthen core muscles, including abdominals and lower back. Course is open to adults of all fitness levels. Series cost is $45.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 12 in Suite 3, ground floor of hospital's medical office building. Monthly meeting offers support and education for people with fibromyalgia, their families and friends. Free.
• Sunbury Diabetes Peer Support Group, 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 12 in Room 7 of the Sunbury United Methodist Church, 100 W. Cherry St., Sunbury. People with diabetes share daily challenges and successes with others. Free.
• Yoga, two eight-week sessions: Level 1 runs from 6:45 to 7:45 p.m. and Level 2 runs from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. beginning Monday, Jan. 12. For adults of all fitness levels. Cost is $45.
• Tai Chi, six-week series for ages 12 and older runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. beginning Tuesday, Jan. 13. Chinese exercise with graceful, low movements that relax and strengthen body and mind. Cost is $45 per person.
• "Baby Care Basics," 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 15, designed for prospective and new parents. Covers how to get your home ready for a baby, feeding, diapering, bathing and umbilical cord care, what to do when your baby is ill and infant safety. Cost is $30 per couple.
• Living Well with Diabetes, 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 13, 14 and 15. Class covers nutrition, glucose monitoring, hyper and hypoglycemia, meal planning and medications. Free.
• Cancer Support Group, 4 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 22 in the hospital's private dining room. Information, education and emotional support for cancer survivors and their families. Free.
• Grief Education Series, six-week course that runs from 10 to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesdays: Jan. 22 and 29; and Feb. 5, 12, 19 and 26. Those who have experienced the death of someone close in the past year can learn how to deal effectively with grief. Free.
• Sibling Class, 9 to 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 24. A registered nurse teaches class designed to help older siblings ages 3 through 10 feel more comfortable about the arrival of a new brother or sister. Classes recommended for the last four weeks of pregnancy. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost is $10 for parent and one child; $20 for parent and two children.
• Body Fat Testing, 15-minute appointments from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 28. Learn your body's percentages of lean body mass, muscle, fat and water through a quick and painless test. Cost is $15 per person.
Grady Memorial Hospital news
Grady Memorial Hospital