Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
• Tai Chi, ancient Chinese exercise that relaxes and strengthens body and mind. Six-week series for ages 12 and older starts Tuesday, April 21. Sessions run from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Cost is $45.
• Fibromyalgia Support Group, 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, May 11. Family, friends and the medical community invited to attend.Free.
• Sunbury Diabetes Peer Support Group, 7:30 p.m. on Monday, May 11, at the Sunbury United Methodist Church, Room 7. Bridget Gooding, R.Ph., will discus "Diabetes and Food and Drug Interactions." Free.
• Breastfeeding Preparation Class, 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, May 11. A lactation educator will discuss lactation,infant feeding cues, storage of breast milk and other aspects. Class should be completed two to six weeks before a woman's due date. Cost is $25 per couple.
• Living Well with Diabetes, 3 to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, May 13, 14 and 15. Diabetic educator Debbi Burns, R.N., will teach nutrition, glucose monitoring, hyper- and hypoglycemia, meal planning and medication. Free, but registration is necessary.
• Yoga, two eight-week sessions will begin on Thursday, May 18. Level 1 is 6:45 to 7:45 p.m.; Level 2 is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Open to adults of all fitness levels. Cost is $45 for the series.
• Baby Care Basics, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 20. How to prepare your home for a baby, feeding, diapering, bathing, what to do when the baby is ill and other information. Cost is $30 per couple.
• Breast Cancer Support Group, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Monday, April 27 and Monday, May 25. Group is facilitated by a social worker and a registered nurse. Art therapy also available. Free. For more information or to register, contact registered nurse Susan Miller at (740) 368-4007.
• RSVP (Really Special Visit for Parents), 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27. Free tour of the Grady Family Birthplace. Admitting procedures, birthing options, sibling opportunities and other services will be covered. Take home packet includes a free gift.
• Kid Kwon Do, six-week basic self-defense series for children ages 6-10.Classes are 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. beginning on Saturday, May 30.Cost is $45 for the series.
• Tae Kwon Do, six-week session is 10:30 a.m. to noon beginning Saturday, May 30. Learn practical self-defense techniques, increase your fitness level and gain other benefits. For those age 11 and older.Cost is $45 for the series.