Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
• American Sign Language, 6-week series, 1 to 3 p.m. on Sundays beginning June 7. For ages 12 and up. Cost is $50 per person.
• Breastfeeding preparation class, 7 to 9 p.m., Monday, June 8. A lactation educator will teach breast physiology, positioning, feeding cues and more. Class should be completed two to six weeks before your due date. Cost is $25 per couple; preregistration is required.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, June 8. For individuals with fibromyalgia, family members, friends and the medical community. Free.
• Fifteen-minute seated massage, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 11. Licensed therapist Julie Clinger will help ease tense shoulders and necks. Cost is $12 per person; appointments required.
• "Your Heart to Mine," free program for children ages 6 to 12 who have experienced the death of a loved one will be held from 6 to 7 p.m.on Tuesdays from June 9 through July 14 at the Delaware Arts Castle,190 W. Winter St.
• Sibling class, 11 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 13. Class designed to help children feel more comfortable about their new brother or sister is recommended for the last four weeks of pregnancy. Children must be 3 to 10 years old and accompanied by an adult. Cost is $10 for parent and one child; $20 for parent and two children.
• Young and/or Still Working Widows and Widowers, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, June 15. Learn to cope with feelings as well as practical issues following the death of a spouse. Free. Program will be held at Grady's Foundation house, 5 Orchard Lane.
• "Autism," 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 17. Presentation by Jeremy Kaufman, Psy.D., will describe the diagnostic identification process, early autism signs and treatments available. Free.
• Baby care basics, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Thursday, June 18. Preparing your home for a baby, feeding, diapering, bathing, umbilical cord care and more. Cost is $30 per couple.
• "Once a Month" cooking class, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, June 18. An experienced facilitator will explain how to spend one day cooking and freezing meals for the entire month, saving time and money. Cost is $18 per person and includes a book.
• An eight-week series of Pilates classes will be held from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. on Thursdays beginning June 25. Cost is $45.