Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
• Two eight-week yoga sessions begin on Monday, Jan. 25. Level 1 is 6:45 to 7:45 p.m.; Level 2 is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. For adults of all fitness levels. Cost is $45 for the series.
• Body fat testing, 4 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 27. Learn your body's percentage of lean body mass, muscle, fat and water in a painless, 15-minute appointment. Cost is $15.
• Baby Care Basics, 3 to 6 p.m., Sunday, Jan, 31. Monthly class covers preparing a home for a baby, physical care, what to do when the baby is ill, infant safety and other topics. Cost is $30 per couple.
• Preparing for Labor and Delivery, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Thursdays, Feb. 4, 11, 18 and 25. Four-week series is identical to the one above. Cost is $65 for the expectant mother and her support person.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 8. Family, friends and the medical community are encouraged to attend this free meeting in Suite 3 of the medical office building.
• Sunbury Diabetes Support Group, 7:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 8 at the Sunbury United Methodist Church, 100 W. Cherry St., Room 7. Speaker Jodi Brown will discuss the importance of relaxation. Free; no registration is necessary.
• Breastfeeding preparation class, 7 to 9 p.m., Monday, Feb. 8. For expectant mothers two to six weeks before their due date and their partners. A certified instructor will discuss nutrition, breast physiology, infant feeding cues. Cost is $25 per couple; pre-registration required.
• Seated massage, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 11 with therapist Julie Clinger. Cost is $12 per person; appointments required.
• RSVP (Really Special Visit for Parents), 7:15-8:15 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 13. Free tour of the Grady Family Birthplace and information about admitting procedures, birthing options, sibling opportunities and new baby care.
• Babysitting class, 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 17. Session for young women and men ages 11-15 teaches safety tips, games and activities. Cost is $20 for a teen and one parent; $22 for two teens and a parent.
• Kid Kwon Do, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Saturdays, beginning Feb. 20. Six-week series taught by black belt instructor is for children ages 6-10. Cost is $45 for the series.
• Tae Kwon Do, 10:30 a.m. to noon on Saturdays, beginning Feb. 20. Six-week series taught by black belt instructor is for anyone 11 years old and older. Cost is $45 for the series.
• "Once a Month Cooking" class, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 2. An experienced facilitator will explain how to spend one day cooking and freezing meals for the entire month. Fee is $18 and includes a book.