of Delaware County
For more information about Preservation Parks, visit www.preservationparks.com or call (740) 524-8600. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
• Nature Scavenger Hunt, 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, May 30. Use a tally sheet and explore the trail looking for items hidden by both nature and the naturalist. Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road, Sunbury.
• Hound Hike, 4 p.m., Sunday, May 30. Bring your socialized canine for a hike at Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road, Ostrander.
• Hey Ranger! 9 a.m., Saturday, June 5. Bring your coffee and join a park ranger for a walk along a scenic park trail. Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road, Sunbury.
• Hummingbird Happenings, noon to 5 p.m., Saturday, June 5. Stop by The Lodge to see if our new nectar feeders have attracted these tiny jewels, view the "hummer" display of books and nests, and take home information on the native plants you can add to your backyard to provide natural nectar sources. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware.
• Bird Quest, 8 a.m., Sunday, June 6. For adults, age 16 and up. Join us on a quest to spot our native nesters and some lingering migrants. Bring binoculars, if you have them. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road, Ostrander.
• Not Just Honeybees, 3 p.m., Sunday, June 6. We'll take a short hike to see if we can spot bees, wasps and flies "on the job" as pollinators. Take home information on how to make your backyard friendly for the insects. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware.