Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
• Please note: Grady offers a cancer support group for survivors and their families. The group offers information, education and emotional support. For more information, call Vicki Maggard at (740) 615-2402.
• Breast Cancer Support Group, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, June 28. Led by a social worker and a registered nurse, group is designed to help women cope with their diagnosis and promotes wellness and recovery. Free.
• Baby Care Basics, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 1. Grady nurse will discuss preparing a home for a baby, feeding, diapering, bathing, umbilical cord care, what to do when a baby is ill and infant safety. Cost is $30 per couple.
• Seated massage, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., Thursday, July 8. Licensed therapist Julie Clinger will relax tense shoulders and necks. Cost for 15-minute session is $12 per person. Appointments are required.
• Breastfeeding Preparation Class. 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, July 12. Lactation educator will discuss breast physiology and positioning, feeding cues, nutrition and breast milk storage. Cost of class is $25 per couple.
• Body mass check, 4 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, July 13. Learn your body's percentage of lean body mass, muscle, fat and water. Fifteen-minute test is by MED-FIT. Cost is $15 per person.
• Living Well with Diabetes, 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, July 14, 15 and 16. Three-day series covers nutrition, glucose monitoring, hyper and hypoglycemia, medications and more. Class is free but pre-registration is required.
• R.S.V.P. (Really Special Visit for Parents), 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. on Thursday, July 15. Free tour of the Grady Family Birthplace. Admitting procedures, birthing options and sibling opportunities.
• Kid Kwon Do, basic self-defense for ages 6-10, will be offered from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Saturdays beginning July 24. Cost for six-week series is $45 per person.
• Tae Kwon Do. Black-belt instructors teach practical self-defense. Open to anyone 11 years old and up. Six-week series runs from 10:30 a.m. to noon beginning Saturday, July 24. Cost is $45 per person.
• Tai Chi, six-week series for ages 12 and up runs from 6 to 9 p.m.beginning Tuesday, July 27. Ancient Chinese exercise has graceful, low movements that relax and strengthen body and mind. Cost is $45 per person.