For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com.
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
Please note: Grady offers a cancer support group for survivors and their families. The group offers information, education and emotional support. For more information, call Vicki Maggard at (740) 615-2402.
• Body Fat Testing by MED-FIT, 15-minute appointments from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 26 at Grady Medical Office building.Cost is $15 per person.
• 15-minute seated massage, 3:30 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 9. Licensed therapist will ease tense shoulders and necks. Cost is $12 per person. Appointments required.
• Sunbury Diabetes Support Group, 7:30 p.m.on Monday, Feb. 14. Groups offeres people with diabetes the chance to share their experiences with others.Meets at Sunbury, 100 W. Cherry St., Sunbury. Free.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday,Feb. 14. monthly meeting. Family, friends and the medical community also are encouraged to attend. Free.
• Babysitting, for 11- to 14-year-olds, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 19. Grady and the American Red Cross will offer safety tips, information and games and activities. Bring a sack lunch and a doll or stuffed animal approximately the size of a newborn. Bottles, diapers and bandages will be provided. Cost is $50 per participant.
• Tai Chi, six-week series for ages 12 and up, 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays beginning Feb. 22. Taught by Grady and the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Ohio.Cost is $45 per person.